Please support the 'Warm Hubs' initiatives this winter
Businesses across Warwickshire have been asked to support two 'Warm Hubs' initiatives which are setting up in response to the Cost of Living crisi
Warwickshire Rural Community Council's 'Winter Warm Hubs' initiative aims to provide up to 80 voluntary/community groups with small grants, officer support and a toolkit to help establish warm hubs.
The initiative covers all part of the county, rural and urban areas, and more information can be found here: https://www.wrccrural.org.uk/services/wrcc-warm-hubs/winter-warm-hubs/.
Meanwhile, Warwick District Council is working in partnership with organisations across the community to set up Warm Hubs where people will be able to access warm spaces, if they cannot afford to heat their own homes. Here they will be able to receive advice and support including access to food banks and practical skills to help with the struggles they may be facing.
WDC is reaching out to the local businesses community to ask for any help they may be able to offer in terms of:
* Financial contributions towards the running of Warm Hubs run by the Voluntary Community Services
* Food provision for the ‘Warm Hubs’
* Christmas food parcels for families and vulnerable adults
* Contributions of new toys for families or gifts for vulnerable adults
* Volunteers to help with distributing food parcels/ gifts leading up to Christmas
For further information and to offer support, please contact Bernadette Allen in WDC's Community Wellbeing Team on 07867 558144 or at firstname.lastname@example.org