Workshops will support businesses looking to start their export journey
Warwickshire businesses looking to expand into exporting can gain valuable insights from a two-part workshop next month.
The workshop, delivered by the Department for International Trade's Export Academy, is designed for businesses that are new to export to give them an introduction to what is involved and help them with their strategy. It should help any company looking to kick start their export journey.
The support is free of charge and open to any business at all, provided they are new or inexperienced at exporting. The course is designed to help businesses grow their international sales in new markets overseas.
There will be two half-day workshops providing a practical, interactive forum to explain the fundamentals of exporting. The sessions will encourage delegates to consider how they can develop their own individual export action plans.
PART 1 - 2nd June, 9.30am-12.30pm, will cover:
- The benefits of exporting and the potential barriers
- How to select the right target markets and conduct market research
- An introduction to the basic procedures associated with exporting products and services
- The different routes to market available and how to select the most appropriate options
PART 2 - 9th June, 9.30am-12.30pm, will cover:
- How to set the right price for your product or service
- Understanding International Commercial terms
- Customs procedures, tariffs and export controls
- Managing money and getting paid
- How to develop a strategic export action plan and successfully win business
The programme is for managers working within the export function. For further information please call 0345 222 0159 or email email@example.com.