Innovation Masterclass workshops for SMEs
A series of Innovation Masterclass workshops for SMEs has been arranged as part of the Coventry & Warwickshire Innovation Programme.
Any SME in Coventry & Warwickshire area which is in the process of developing new products, services or technologies is eligible to attend the free workshops on how to build their business and launch innovative products and services to the market.
Each Innovation Masterclass is a two-day event from 9am-4pm each day with a free lunch and refreshments provided.
The first one took place this week at the Eliot Park Innovation Centre, Nuneaton, and places are still available for the other two, at The View, Stratford-Upon-Avon, on May 24th and 25th and at the Ramada Hotel, Coventry on June 28th and 29th.
The workshops, delivered by Coventry University Enterprises Business Solutions, are part of the wider Coventry and Warwickshire Innovation programme in which Warwickshire county Council is a partner.
A range of support is on offer from the programme including:
- Innovation grants of up to £50,000 to develop products or services that will be new to the market. Grants offered will be at an intervention rate of up to 50% of eligible project costs
- Usability support for developing and testing innovative assisted living, community healthcare and e-health products
- Access to a range of specialists who are experienced in developing innovative products
- Referrals to other specialist innovation support programmes
- Access to the local innovation supply chain
- Networking opportunities with other innovative businesses and 1-to-1 support
The programme is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and it is delivered and funded by Coventry City Council, Warwickshire County Council and Coventry University Enterprises Ltd.