Green Business Programme up and running
Businesses in the region have access to a wide range of advice about energy and resource efficiency from a three-year Coventry and Warwickshire Green Business Programme.
The programme (2019-2021) will support businesses in Coventry and Warwickshire to develop Low Carbon technologies and implement improvements to energy and resource efficiency. Under it, Coventry University Enterprises Business Solutions will provide businesses with grant funding and access to expertise from the university to support the development of Low Carbon products and services.
Grants are available to support the development and commercialisation of Low Carbon products and services. Sectors supported include Low Carbon transport, Low Carbon heat & electricity, waste processing and recycling, energy efficient/sustainable products and buildings and materials.
Revenue grants (external services and consultancy). Grants up to £10K (40% funded).
Examples of grants provided in phase one of the programme include:
* Resilience testing and accreditation costs of an energy efficient modular housing product
* Trademark and Design Rights application and filing for an innovative software application to optimise renewable energy connectivity to the grid
* Prototype design and manufacture for hydrogen fuel cell vehicle
* Process improvement to lower manufacturing costs and carbon footprint of components produced for aerospace products
* Software application development for an App to enable carbon reduction by promoting car sharing.
Capital Grants (Equipment) Grants up to £20K (40% Funded).
Examples of items funded include:
* Test equipment to support development or manufacture of new Low Carbon products
* Equipment to manufacture new Low Carbon products
* Equipment to support introduction of new Green services including recycling and waste processing.
Testing and Research Support
Through the programme, SMEs are able to access the expertise and testing capabilities of Coventry University. This includes access to research support on specific sustainability challenges and access to environmental and product-testing facilities.
Examples of support provided on the programme include:
* Thermal performance characterisation of new materials using dual environmental chambers
* Environmental testing of new low carbon products to confirm operational performance and resilience through accelerated weathering
* Thermal measurements using IR camera and thermal sensors
* Material testing of new efficient & sustainable products
* Extensive research collaboration available to solve sustainability related challenges.
For further information please contact the Green Business Programme at Coventry University Enterprises by email: email@example.com, or telephone on 07392 096006
The Coventry & Warwickshire Green Business Programme is also holding a workshop - How to organise your workspace to save money and improve productivity - on 16th May, 9am to 2pm. At this short session, businesses can access free consultancy to help you create a workplace that reduces costs, increases productivity and results in improved energy efficiency, simply by managing space and activities in a more creative and innovative way. This will be beneficial to SMEs who have business premises including offices, manufacturing sites and factories.
More information and details can be found on the Eventbrite booking page: